Re: [NTB] [Clip] Is bulk regex too much for NoteTab Pro?

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2003
      Hi Owen,

      Please reply on the Clips list if you do, TIA!

      Currently NoteTab does not work real fast with the more
      complicated RegExp. Sometimes you can break it up to get it a bit
      faster which is what you are asking about.

      We will be using a perl type RegExp engine in version 5 which
      should run better. Eric has done all the work he is going to do
      in the current version series.

      Oh, it is probably best to use another syntax for your code. Try
      is w/o the tabs and use quotes:

      ^!Replace "Find" >> "Replace with" [OPTIONS]
      ^!Replace "^\a+<!-- #BeginEditable "Body" -->" >> "<html>" AIGWR

      That might be the problem, because your regexp is not that
      "loaded" since I can understand it. <g>

      If you cannot get it to work, you might try using NoteTab's regular
      Clip code which would run much faster, but take longer to write.
      If you have zillions of files to do, that is the route I'd take
      and probably use ^$GetFileText(...)$ (check syntax) so it is done
      in memory and be considerably faster on a large directory of
      files.

      I think you will find something real close in my DirStuff Library.
      http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/dirstuff.zip

      http://www.notetab.net
      http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm