Re: [Clip] Replacing Text with prompts

  • Warner
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 24, 2003
      With regard to this solution...is there a clip that displays the
      previous Find/Replace items from the ini file so that unwanted
      choices can be deleted...making the dropdown list a very usable
      function for Lee? It wouldn't be too hard to write but I am not
      sure about the restrictions in the ini file...for
      SearchListCount, etc.
      Warner

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 24, 2003
        Hi Warner,

        At 09:57 AM 4/24/03 -0700, you wrote:
        >With regard to this solution...is there a clip that displays the
        >previous Find/Replace items from the ini file so that unwanted
        >choices can be deleted...making the dropdown list a very usable
        >function for Lee? It wouldn't be too hard to write but I am not
        >sure about the restrictions in the ini file...for
        >SearchListCount, etc.
        >Warner

        I do not have such a clip or know of one but it might be possible. As I
        remember it, there is a limit of twenty (20) items on each or most of these
        drop-down lists. When you insert another entry the twenty-first one is
        lost.

        Suggestion to Eric:

        One of my other programs has such drop-down lists also. When you
        right-click on the drop-down button on this program, a menu appears with
        the options "Clear History" and "Delete This Entry". I think that
        something like this would be helpful for NoteTab as well don't you?

        My problem with writing such a clip is that you must not only change the
        SearcListCount, but you must renumber the items below it so that you keep
        (_1, _2, _3, etc) and keep them in order. And you cannot delete them all -
        you must have at least one if you want to delete them down to the minimum
        size. It makes writing the clip fairly complex.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
      • Alan C.
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 24, 2003
          >Hi Lee,
          >
          >>This is probably very basic but I couldn't find anything on it.
          >>
          >>I want to be prompted when replacing words using a clip.

          (further ideas for you?) So, Here's the dialog portion taken from a larger clip entitled "load replace dialog" that clip written by Sheri Pierce and the clip was formerly shared on this email list.

          auto Loads both ThisWord and ThatWord into the replace dialog.

          I inserted the goto end line because alt + x turned on regex and also I didn't know what the very last keyboard line does

          ^!Menu Search/Replace
          ^!IfAppOpen "Find and Replace" Next Else Skip_-1
          ^!FocusApp "Find and Replace"
          ^!Keyboard #ThisWord#
          ^!Keyboard TAB
          ^!Keyboard #ThatWord#
          ^!Goto end
          ^!Keyboard Alt+X
          ^!Delay 1
          ^!Keyboard #-#
          ;----<end

          --
          Alan.
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 24, 2003
            At 02:36 PM 4/24/03 -0700, Alan wrote:

            >I inserted the goto end line because alt + x turned on regex and also I didn't know what the very last keyboard line does

            <snip>

            >^!Keyboard Alt+X
            >^!Delay 1
            >^!Keyboard #-#

            Hi Alan,

            Eric added the plus and minus key actions to each checkbox field so that it would be possible to set then with a clip. Otherwise, all you can do is toggle. So, the above snippet activates the Regexp checkbox, then turns it off.

            End result, its turned off regardless whether it was on or off when the dialog opened.