Re: [Clip] Replacing Text with prompts

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 24, 2003
      Larry,

      You're probably right. I usually do just use the Ctrl+R and do it that way.
      I guess I was just looking for something a little easier. However, I can
      see that sometimes just doing it the basic way is the easiest.

      Thanks for all your help. And I will be using the other clip also.

      Lee

      At 4/24/03 10:50 AM -0500, Larry Thomas wrote:

      >Hi Lee,
      >
      >I am thinking about this. If you want so much individual interaction, you
      >should just forget the clips. Just select Search/Replace or press Ctrl+R
      >and use the replace dialog. Fill in the "Find What" with what you want to
      >find and the "Replace With" box with what you want to replace it with.
      >Select "Find Next" to go to the first found occurrence. If it is what you
      >want to replace select "replace". If you want to go to the next occurrence
      >select "Find Next". If you want to replace with something different from
      >what you want then enter it in the "Replace With" box and click "Replace".
      >
      >Regards,
      >
      >Larry
      >larryt@...

    • Warner
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 24, 2003
        With regard to this solution...is there a clip that displays the
        previous Find/Replace items from the ini file so that unwanted
        choices can be deleted...making the dropdown list a very usable
        function for Lee? It wouldn't be too hard to write but I am not
        sure about the restrictions in the ini file...for
        SearchListCount, etc.
        Warner

        Sponsor ---------------------~-->
        > Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/bW3JAA/dkFolB/TM
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 24, 2003
          Hi Warner,

          At 09:57 AM 4/24/03 -0700, you wrote:
          >With regard to this solution...is there a clip that displays the
          >previous Find/Replace items from the ini file so that unwanted
          >choices can be deleted...making the dropdown list a very usable
          >function for Lee? It wouldn't be too hard to write but I am not
          >sure about the restrictions in the ini file...for
          >SearchListCount, etc.
          >Warner

          I do not have such a clip or know of one but it might be possible. As I
          remember it, there is a limit of twenty (20) items on each or most of these
          drop-down lists. When you insert another entry the twenty-first one is
          lost.

          Suggestion to Eric:

          One of my other programs has such drop-down lists also. When you
          right-click on the drop-down button on this program, a menu appears with
          the options "Clear History" and "Delete This Entry". I think that
          something like this would be helpful for NoteTab as well don't you?

          My problem with writing such a clip is that you must not only change the
          SearcListCount, but you must renumber the items below it so that you keep
          (_1, _2, _3, etc) and keep them in order. And you cannot delete them all -
          you must have at least one if you want to delete them down to the minimum
          size. It makes writing the clip fairly complex.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...
        • Alan C.
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 24, 2003
            >Hi Lee,
            >
            >>This is probably very basic but I couldn't find anything on it.
            >>
            >>I want to be prompted when replacing words using a clip.

            (further ideas for you?) So, Here's the dialog portion taken from a larger clip entitled "load replace dialog" that clip written by Sheri Pierce and the clip was formerly shared on this email list.

            auto Loads both ThisWord and ThatWord into the replace dialog.

            I inserted the goto end line because alt + x turned on regex and also I didn't know what the very last keyboard line does

            ^!Menu Search/Replace
            ^!IfAppOpen "Find and Replace" Next Else Skip_-1
            ^!FocusApp "Find and Replace"
            ^!Keyboard #ThisWord#
            ^!Keyboard TAB
            ^!Keyboard #ThatWord#
            ^!Goto end
            ^!Keyboard Alt+X
            ^!Delay 1
            ^!Keyboard #-#
            ;----<end

            --
            Alan.
          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 24, 2003
              At 02:36 PM 4/24/03 -0700, Alan wrote:

              >I inserted the goto end line because alt + x turned on regex and also I didn't know what the very last keyboard line does

              <snip>

              >^!Keyboard Alt+X
              >^!Delay 1
              >^!Keyboard #-#

              Hi Alan,

              Eric added the plus and minus key actions to each checkbox field so that it would be possible to set then with a clip. Otherwise, all you can do is toggle. So, the above snippet activates the Regexp checkbox, then turns it off.

              End result, its turned off regardless whether it was on or off when the dialog opened.