Re: [Clip] Possible Bug ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2003
      Tim,

      One thing that I also do is use the ^$GetFileText(FileName)$ command. This
      allows me to put the file into a variable and manipulate it. It tends to be
      faster since there is no text to display. However, when developing a clip,
      it helps to see the data as it is being changed.

      Depending on how one stores the value of a variable, i.e. not close NoteTab,
      or not clear the variables, or store them to an ini, one can do just about
      anything one can think of. If we use GAWK, Perl, or some other commandline
      language or utility to do things that NoteTab is not efficient at, one can
      make up for a lot of "shortcomings".

      Based on what I have seen with EZImager beta testing, I think we can all
      expect an awesome product with NoteTab v. 5. I think we will probably widen
      the gap on the need to use Perl for regex, and perhaps reduce the need of
      some other "supplemental" programs. Since processing images is a processor
      intensive process and EZI is so fast, I can hardly wait to see what is in
      store for v.5.

      Larry