Possible Bug ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22, 2003
      I have a couple of clips, one that I recently developed, that both use
      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off. It works as I am used to seeing it. However, I have
      found that when I change to another program and come back to NoteTab, that
      the screen is updating.

      I have seen this with NoteTab Pro 4.92 on two different systems with WinXP
      Home SP1, and Win2K SP3, both with 256 MB RAM.

      In both cases they are working on a large text file that is in the current
      tab. One file is about 5 MB and the other about 1 MB.

      One of these clips is an older clip, but I have not used it for several
      months.

      Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2003
        Hi Larry H. and/or Others, :)

        TIA :)

        You seem to be hot to trot on the keyboard shortcuts lately and I
        have misplaced my cheat sheet for NoteTab. Since I mostly use
        the mouse, I don't have many memorized. There is an easy two key
        combo to get to the Clipbook Library combo-box that contains the
        Library names from the Document Edit Window. I forget what it
        is. These are a few I have memorized concerning focusing the
        Clipbook Library, FWIW:

        F4 <--> Toggles Clipbook Library on/off
        Shift+F4 <--> Focuses Clipbook Library List-box from Document Edit Window
        Shift+F4 <--> Toggles back to Document Edit Window (or Ctrl+G)
        ???????? <--> Focuses Clipbook Library combo-box from Document Edit Window
        Shift+Tab <--> Focuses Clipbook Library combo-box from Clipbook Library List-box

        I don't need the Shift+F10 from the Clipbook Library List-box content menu
        such as from the Document Edit Window: Shift+F4 Shift+F10 H to Hide Clipbook.
        Just that one two key combo above "????????". ;)

        You'd think it would be Ctrl+F4, but that is used to close the
        active document tab as you know:

        CHANGE FOCUS
        To document Ctrl+G
        document <-> Clipbook Shift+F4
        document <-> list Shift+F6
        combo box <-> list Ctrl+F6
        document <-> QuickList Shift+F7
        Left <-> right document Shift+Ctrl+G

        CLIPBOOK
        In-Context Clipbook Esc
        Open/Close Clipbook F4
        Add new Clip Ctrl+F2
        Add from Clipboard Shift+Ctrl+F2
        Clip editor Shift+Ctrl+E
        Copy selection Shift+Ctrl+C
        Cut selection Shift+Ctrl+X
        Paste current Clip Ctrl+Spacebar
        Open library #1 Alt+1
        Open library #2 Alt+2
        Open library #0 Alt+0

        http://www.notetab.net
        http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm

      • Piotr Bienkowski
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2003
          On 30 Apr 2003 at 6:46, Jody wrote:

          > ???????? <--> Focuses Clipbook Library combo-box from Document Edit
          > Window

          I think it's CTRL+F6

          HTH

          Piotr
        • RS
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2003
            Piotr, Jody,

            At 06:16 PM 04/30/03 +0200 you wrote:
            >On 30 Apr 2003 at 6:46, Jody wrote:
            >
            >> ???????? <--> Focuses Clipbook Library combo-box from Document Edit
            >> Window
            >
            >I think it's CTRL+F6

            Ctrl+F6 just toggles focus between the edit and list parts of the Clipbook combo. You should always make sure the document is focused first:

            Ctrl+G Ctrl+F6

            Regards,

            RS
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 30, 2003
              Hi RS & Piotr,

              I now see why I missed it. I knew F6 toggles the Quick List
              on/off. When the Quick List is open Ctrl+F6 focuses the combo-
              box and list-box regardless of the state of the Clipbook Library.
              The Quick List has to be closed for it Ctrl+F6 to work in the
              Clipbook Library. :)

              To ensure the document edit window is in focus you can use
              ^!SetFocus to be sure, although Ctrl+G works like you mentioned RS. :)

              ^!SetFocus [Clipbook|ClipEdit|Document|Frame1|Frame2|List_Clip|List_Disk|List_Docs|List_Favs|Outline|PasteBoard]