RE: [Clip] THANKS!

  • Richard Lynch
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2003
      Thanks for the various suggestions...none was wasted. I've been working with
      this for just 2 days now and I build a bunch of cool stuff to track my daily
      work with button clicks. I didn't know there was a rename, and guess if you
      point me to a comprehensive list of commands, I'll do less to bother you and
      more to help out.

      While I realize there are a bunch of ways, what I settled on was perhaps
      simple:

      H="NEW"
      ^!Menu File/New
      ^!RenameDoc "^$GetName(^##)$ ^$GetDate(mm-dd-yy)$^$GetExt(^##)$"

      And actually this works:
      H="NEW"
      ^!Menu File/New
      ^!RenameDoc "^$GetName(^##)$ ^$GetDate(mm-dd-yy)$.txt"

      Won't let you make more than one file, but the point is one a day anyhow, so
      it is a nice 'feature'.

      I don't know that all of the stuff that I am doing is 'elegant' or
      efficient, but holy cow was it easy to learn...well, as well as you can know
      it in 2 days.

      Richard Lynch
      Address: SofTrek, 30 Bryant Woods North, Amherst, NY 14228
      Phone: 716-691-2800
      Email: rlynch@...