Pocomail

  • Mark Kolber
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2003
      Has anyone put together a clipbook containing the
      Pocomail scripting language? Looked around and
      couldn't find one.

      http://tax.yahoo.com
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14, 2003
        On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:02:28 -0700 (PDT), Mark Kolber wrote:
        >Has anyone put together a clipbook containing the
        >Pocomail scripting language? Looked around and
        >couldn't find one.

        Oh, after I wrote this, it occurs to me perhaps you merely seek blocks of Poco script code that can be clips, clippings, pasted for purpose of building Poco scripts?

        Don't know the specifics of what your desired task.

        Not a clipbook, just two clips enclosed below. But I'll share my Poco explorations so far that I've done. Maybe it open pathway for ideas.

        2 clips of my useage below though the Poco script not shared here as it not clip topic script material. The Poco script I modified for myself originated from the Poco web site member area for registered users of Poco only not available for trial users of Poco.

        (^!Email) (in help on clip programming) NoteTab can pass 3 parameters to an email client

        But with Poco, the most I could get out of it is 2. That's why if you use clip number two below, a Poco reply will come up and all you need do is right click in the Poco reply window choose paste (pastes body text) then click send.

        But I have a Poco Script that initiates (mouse click a button) from within Poco this script passes all of an email including the headers, passes such to the windows clipboard. Then in Ntab, new doc, paste. And now the email is ready for editing using Ntab as the editor.

        Next I just run the 1st clip below it preps some things in readiness to reply. Then, at this point, editing of the body text (no clip for that, just use Ntab menu strip or add email quote thingies and Ntab menu item text block width).

        Once done editing body text then ready to use the 2nd clip below, the send clip. Look at comments near top of the clip, each clip for that matter.

        The clips are working for me rather well. But they were in development and so they do have some unneeded as well as not pertinent commented out items still in them.

        H="poco_email_prep"
        ; AC 1-24-2003
        ; gathers info from header, deletes header, then
        ; puts the 3 needed email parameters on top line of doc
        ; replyto_email//subject//+^pHello,
        ^!SetWordWrap OFF
        ^!Jump 1
        ^!Find "^from: +" ISR
        ^!Jump SELECT_END
        ^!Set %whopos1%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$

        :who_test_fix
        ^!SetCursor ^%whopos1%
        ^!Select EOL
        ^!Find "<" ISH
        ^!IfError next else have_who
        ^!SetCursor ^%whopos1%
        ^!SetCode %insert_mt_who%=" "<
        ^!InsertCode ^%insert_mt_who%
        ^!Goto who_test_fix

        :have_who
        ; ^!Set %whopos1%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
        ; ^!Find "<" ISR
        ^!Set %whopos2%=^$GetRow$:^$GetColStart$
        ^!SetCursor ^%whopos1%
        ^!SelectTo ^%whopos2%
        ; ^!Goto end

        ; gets name for Hello [name],
        ^!Set %whowrote%=^$GetSelection$
        ^!Set %whowrote%=^$StrReplace("<";"";"^%whowrote%";False;False)$
        ^!Set %whowrote%=^$StrReplace(""";"";"^%whowrote%";False;False)$
        ^!Set %whowrote%=^$StrTrim("^%whowrote%")$
        ^!Jump SELECT_END
        ; if private email address, gets it
        ^!Select EOL
        ^!Set %privemlcmnd%=^$GetSelection$;
        ^!Set %privemlcmnd%=^$StrReplace("<";"";"^%privemlcmnd%";False;False)$
        ^!Set %privemlcmnd%=^$StrReplace(">";"";"^%privemlcmnd%";False;False)$
        ; ^!Goto end

        ; ^!Find "^Reply-To: " ISR
        ; ^!Jump SELECT_END
        ; ^!Select EOL
        ; ^!Set %grpemlcmnd%=^$GetSelection$;

        ; gets group email address
        ^!Find "^To: " ISR
        ^!Jump SELECT_END
        ^!Select EOL
        ; test for stuff/chars other than email address
        ^!Find "<" ISH
        ^!IfError proceed
        ^!Select EOL
        ; ^!Goto end

        :proceed
        ; ^!Goto end
        ; clean up the group email address
        ^!Set %grpemlcmnd%=^$GetSelection$;
        ^!Set %grpemlcmnd%=^$StrReplace("<";"";"^%grpemlcmnd%";False;False)$
        ^!Set %grpemlcmnd%=^$StrReplace(">";"";"^%grpemlcmnd%";False;False)$
        ^!Set %grpemlcmnd%=^$StrTrim("^%grpemlcmnd%")$
        ; ^!Info ^%grpemlcmnd%
        ; ^!Goto end
        ^!Jump 1

        ^!Find "Subject: " IS
        ^!Jump SELECT_END
        ^!Select EOL
        ; ^!Set %subject%=^$GetSelection$;+
        ^!Set %subject%=^$GetSelection$

        ; ^!Info grp^p^p^%grpemlcmnd%
        ; ^!Info priv^p^p^%privemlcmnd%
        ^!Find "re" ISH
        ^!IfError include_re
        ^!Append %grpemlcmnd%=^%subject%
        ^!Append %privemlcmnd%=^%subject%
        ; ^!Info grp^p^p^%grpemlcmnd%
        ; ^!Info priv^p^p^%privemlcmnd%
        ^!Goto del_hdr

        :include_re
        ^!Set %subject%=Re: ^%subject%
        ^!Append %grpemlcmnd%=^%subject%
        ^!Append %privemlcmnd%=^%subject%
        ; ^!Info grp^p^p^%grpemlcmnd%
        ; ^!Info priv^p^p^%privemlcmnd%

        :del_hdr
        ^!Find "^p^p" IS
        ^!Jump SELECT_START
        ; ^!Info ^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
        ; ^!Goto end
        ^!Set %sel2%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
        ^!Jump 1
        ^!SelectTo ^%sel2%
        ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "" ISH
        ^!InsertText ^%grpemlcmnd%^p
        ^!InsertText ^%privemlcmnd%^pHello^%SPACE%
        ^!InsertText ^%whowrote%,
        ^!ClearVariable %grpemlcmnd%
        ^!ClearVariable %privemlcmnd%
        ; ^!Replace "=^p" >> "" WAIS
        ^!Jump 1

        H="send_email"
        ; AC 1-24-2003
        ; of 2 top lines, place cursor on the "unwanted line"
        ; then run this clip
        ; coordinates with poco_email_prep clip. From doc,
        ; strips top semi colon delimited line into variable

        ^!Select LINE
        ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "" ISH
        ; ^!Goto end

        ^!Jump DOC_END
        ^!InsertText ^p-- ^pRegards. Alan.^p

        ; ^!Set %hdr%=^%EMPTY%
        ^!Jump 1
        ^!Select EOL
        ^!Set %hdr%=^$GetSelection$
        ; ^!Clip getline
        ; ^!Append %hdr%=^%EMPTY%
        ^!Delay 3
        ^!Select LINE
        ; ^!Email
        ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "" ISH
        ^!Delay 3
        ^!SetClipboard ^$GetText$
        ; ^!Info ^%hdr%
        ^!Email ^%hdr%
        ^!ClearVariable %hdr%
        ; ^!Set %delim_items%=0
        ; ----<end------

        --
        Regards. Alan.
      • Mark Kolber
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 16, 2003
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Alan C." <acumming@c...> wrote:
          > On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:02:28 -0700 (PDT), Mark Kolber wrote:
          > >Has anyone put together a clipbook containing the
          > >Pocomail scripting language? Looked around and
          > >couldn't find one.
          >
          > Oh, after I wrote this, it occurs to me perhaps you merely seek
          blocks of Poco script code that can be clips, clippings, pasted for
          purpose of building Poco scripts?

          Yes that's it. Sort of like the clips that contain HTML, JS, and
          other code snippets for building.