Re: [Clip] Re: Looking for clip/ method to alphabetise document/file tab bar in NoteTab

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2003
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 17, 2003
        Hi Grant,

        I think my DirStuff Library will close and reopen tabs in
        alphabetical order. There are two, one with the full path
        considered and the other only the file name. I don't know if
        that is what you are looking tor, but you cab get it at:

        http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/dirstuff.zip

        >I'm pretty new to NoteTab™ "clipping", but I've been working on a
        >clip library for authoring HTML Help for a while now. It's starting
        >to get useful now, but I still need a way to alphabetise the
        >document/ file tab bar.
        >
        >My clip library regards open documents as HTML Help topics, and uses
        >the filename and title to generate the HTML Help table of Contents
        >and Index. The order in which documents appear on the tab bar
        >determinses their order in the table of contents. From time to time,
        >it is useful to have these alphabetically sorted but I can't find a
        >way to do it.
        >
        >I would be grateful for hints/ tips/ help/ advice.
        >
        >Thanks and regards,
        >Grant Botes

      • Manuel123
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 19, 2003
          How do I copy otl doc that I've in screen for to creat another otl and
          then replace tab with new line and then convert to html with
          paragraphs tags

          I need to create a copy of the otl active to another for make changes
          in the second otl, and then convert to html

          Mi idea is

          ??? copy otl active to new otl (I don't know it)
          ??? make changes
          !menu Modify/"Document to Html"/"With Paragraph Tags"

          I want change in new otl tab with P and then convert to html
          but I don't want change de otl active

          Thanks in advanced
          ---
          Cursos para ciegos
          Windows,Iexplorer,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
          ALTAS/BAJAS avisarte cursos en http://www.solotxt.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 19, 2003
            Hi Manuel,

            I don't know exactly what you are doing, but check out Modify |
            Document to HTML. It makes a pretty neat HTML page for you from
            your outline.

            I also have some Clips to mess with in:
            http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm
            http://www.notetab.net/zip/outline.zip

            >How do I copy otl doc that I've in screen for to creat another otl...

            c ya,
            jody

            I can only please one person a day.
            Today is obviously not your day.
            Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8D
            http://www.clean-funnies.com
          • Alan C.
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 21, 2003
              On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:10:09 +0200, Manuel123 wrote:
              <snip>
              >I want change in new otl tab with P

              ^!Menu File/New
              ^!Menu "Document/Insert File"
              browse, insert the .otl
              then use the search/replace dialog
              to find type in: ^T
              to replace, type in: ^P
              save the changes (might need use file/save as and assign the same .otl filename)
              then convert to html.
              --

              That's one way (tokens ^T for tab and ^P for linebreak); there are other ways.

              and then convert to html
              >but I don't want change de otl active

              Do you mean you want all the processing to be done in the background while the first the original outline remains as the actively focused doc?

              If so, I don't know if that's possible or not. But AFAIK all of it is possible except for perhaps the convert to html process as I don't know if there's a clip command for that part of it or not.

              >Thanks in advanced

              Thank you for your past and current ideas, some of which I've learned from and/or adopted part of them into my strategies.

              --
              Later. Alan.