Mailing to the List - Upgrade

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2003
      Hi All

      The clip below is an improvement to the Post2Lists clip previously posted.
      First, I found a way to place a difference ISP for a different address into
      the clip and so now you can also send the preference posts to the
      Announcements List. Second, I have added a warning message to let you know
      what list you are posting to so you can cancel it if you make a mistake.
      Third, I have added an error checking option to prevent the user from
      accidently trying to post messages to the Announcements List. This option
      will automatically give a message that "You cannot post to the
      Announcements List and it will cancel the clip no matter which button you
      click.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Post2All Lists"
      ;Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
      ;04/02/2003, 07:41:19 PM
      ;
      ^!Set %Pref%=^?[(H=6)Preference==_Post to
      List|Subscribe|unSubscribe|normal|nomail|digest]
      ;
      ;
      ^!Set %Name%=^?[(H=11)List
      Name==_NoteTab|ntb-Clips|ntb-ClipClass|ntb-HTML|ntb-NextRelease|ntb-OffTopic
      |Album-Express|MailBag|fs-NextRelease|ntb-Scripts|Announce^=fookes@link-n-go
      .com?subject=]
      ;
      ^!IfSame "^%Name%" "fookes@...?subject=" Next ELSE PostPrefs
      ^!Set %ISP%=%20announcements
      ;
      ^!IfSame "^%Name%^%Pref%" "fookes@...?subject=Post to List"
      ErrorPost ELSE Next
      ;
      ^!Continue Do you wish to send a post to ^%Name%-^%Pref%^%ISP%
      ^!email ^%Name%-^%Pref%^%ISP%
      ^!Goto Exit

      :PostPrefs
      ^!IfDiff "^%Pref%" "Post to List" Next ELSE Post2List
      ^!Set %ISP%=@yahoogroups.com
      ^!Continue Do you wish to send a post to ^%Name%-^%Pref%^%ISP%
      ^!email ^%Name%-^%Pref%^%ISP%
      ^!Goto Exit

      :ErrorPost
      ^!Continue You cannot post to the Announcement List
      ^!Goto Exit

      :Post2List
      ^!Continue Do you wish to send a post to ^%Name%^%ISP%
      ^!email ^%Name%^%ISP%
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |