Clips and keyboard shortcuts

  • Magnus H. Sørby
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
      Hi.

      I have a (possibly stupid) question:
      Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to a clip (i.e. to execute a
      certain clip by pressing certain combination of keys)?

      Magnus
    • Daniel Müller
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2003
        See my email conservations with Sheri a few days ago:

        >I have a clip, which executes a program by double-clicking on one of
        >the headers in the Clipbook window. Now, I would like to assign
        >keyboard shortcuts as hotkeys for these headers. How can I do that?
        >
        >Thanks a lot in advance, best wishes,
        >Daniel

        There is no native feature in the current version of Notetab to assign
        hotkeys to clips. For a workaround, get my Clip Hotkeys library from our
        groups file area:

        >That does not work on my PC. I have a 'hotkey' now, but it only
        >executes when I double-click the Windows entry in the start menu. Then
        >it does not copy/paste the active document, but takes the last one
        >generated from the clip without the hotkey. And it opens anoterh
        >instance of NoteTab. From within NoteTab, the hotkey is ignored, no a
        >sign of any action taken.
        >
        >The Windows entry is: C:\Programme\NoteTabPro\NotePro.exe
        >/L="StataSE_8:do 1 Stata 8.0"
        >
        >-do 1 Stata 8.0- is the correct header of the clipbook.
        >
        >comment entry in the Windows properties: -do 1 Stata 8.0-Ctrl+Alt+P-
        >(the hotkey I assigned).

        > I have a (possibly stupid) question:
        > Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to a clip (i.e.
        > to execute a certain clip by pressing certain combination of keys)?
        >
        > Magnus

        HTP, greetings,
        Daniel