how to assign keyboard shortcuts to clipbook headers

  • Daniel Müller
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2003
      Pls. excuse this beginners questions... I've searched the help to no avail.

      I have a clip, which executes a program by double-clicking on one of the
      headers in the Clipbook window. Now, I would like to assign keyboard
      shortcuts as hotkeys for these headers. How can I do that?

      Thanks a lot in advance, best wishes,
      Daniel
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 2003
        At 05:43 PM 3/29/03 +0100, you wrote:
        >Pls. excuse this beginners questions... I've searched the help to no avail.
        >
        >I have a clip, which executes a program by double-clicking on one of the
        >headers in the Clipbook window. Now, I would like to assign keyboard
        >shortcuts as hotkeys for these headers. How can I do that?
        >
        >Thanks a lot in advance, best wishes,
        >Daniel

        Hi Daniel,

        There is no native feature in the current version of Notetab to assign hotkeys to clips. For a workaround, get my Clip Hotkeys library from our groups file area:

        Hope that works out for you, let me know.

      • Daniel Müller
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2003
          > >I have a clip, which executes a program by double-clicking on one of
          > >the headers in the Clipbook window. Now, I would like to assign
          > >keyboard shortcuts as hotkeys for these headers. How can I do that?
          >
          > There is no native feature in the current version of Notetab
          > to assign hotkeys to clips.

          That would be a neat thing to have. Maybe a version in the near future?!

          > For a workaround, get my Clip
          > Hotkeys library from our groups file area:

          That does not work on my PC. I have a 'hotkey' now, but it only executes
          when I double-click the Windows entry in the start menu. Then it does not
          copy/paste the active document, but takes the last one generated from the
          clip without the hotkey. And it opens anoterh instance of NoteTab. From
          within NoteTab, the hotkey is ignored, no a sign of any action taken.

          The Windows entry is: C:\Programme\NoteTabPro\NotePro.exe /L="StataSE_8:do 1
          Stata 8.0"

          -do 1 Stata 8.0- is the correct header of the clipbook.

          comment entry in the Windows properties: -do 1 Stata 8.0-Ctrl+Alt+P- (the
          hotkey I assigned).

          Thanks, Sheri. Greetings,
          Daniel
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 31, 2003
            At 08:17 PM 3/31/03 +0200, Daniel wrote:

            >That does not work on my PC. I have a 'hotkey' now, but it only executes
            >when I double-click the Windows entry in the start menu. Then it does not
            >copy/paste the active document, but takes the last one generated from the
            >clip without the hotkey. And it opens anoterh instance of NoteTab. From
            >within NoteTab, the hotkey is ignored, no a sign of any action taken.
            >
            >The Windows entry is: C:\Programme\NoteTabPro\NotePro.exe /L="StataSE_8:do 1
            >Stata 8.0"
            >
            >-do 1 Stata 8.0- is the correct header of the clipbook.
            >
            >comment entry in the Windows properties: -do 1 Stata 8.0-Ctrl+Alt+P- (the
            >hotkey I assigned).
            >
            >Thanks, Sheri. Greetings,
            >Daniel

            Hi Daniel,

            From what you've said, it sounds like the Notetab option for multiple instances is "On" and it needs to be "Off". It is found on the View|Options|General screen. Change it and restart Notetab. (Let me know if it was already Off).

            It also sounds like there is something wrong with the hotkey assignment. You should install one of the recommended hotkey utilities (I use Hotkey Detective) and make sure Ctrl+Alt+P is showing up and is used only once. If not, you need to edit the Properties of the Windows Shortcut that got created. The command line looks ok unless you are saying there actually are dashes in the clip name (if so, I would remove them).

            Also, be aware the Clip document cannot be the active document when you use the hotkey or it won't work.

            I don't understand what you meant about copy/paste document. Is that part of the clip?