Re: [Clip] ^!IF Statement error

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2003
      Russell N. Simmons wrote:

      >I'm new to Clip programming, so bear with me while I asked a simple
      >question.
      >
      >I have the following line giving a Clip syntax error:
      >
      >^!If ^$IsBlank(^$GetChar$) ^!goto DeleteWhiteSpace
      >
      >Can anyone tell me why? The error messages shows that the ^$IsBlank
      >(^GetChar$) is evaluating to true, but I can't figure out why it's
      >not going to my label.
      >
      >Also, if I create a loop, how do I test for the end of the file to
      >end the loop and how can I move the cursor to a specific column on
      >the next line?
      >
      >Thanks for any help.....

      Russell,

      The first thing, in the example you're missing the trailing ISBLANK
      dollar sign. Second, the IF syntax, I think, is wrong.

      Sample clip that works below. Either IF line works, your choice.

      hrs

      h=blank
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsBlank(^$GetChar$)$ DeleteWhiteSpace ELSE ALTERNATE
      ;^!If ^$IsBlank(^$GetChar$)$=1 DeleteWhiteSpace ELSE ALTERNATE
      :DeleteWhiteSpace
      ^!Info ISBLANK
      ^!Goto END
      :alternate