Re: [Clip] Choose two choices

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 21, 2003
      At 11:47 AM 3/21/03 +0000, satriaf wrote:

      >the above code shows a listbox (Add Parameter?) and two textbox (Key
      >and Value) (these are vb terms, sorry i am a vb programmer). i want
      >only a listbox appear first. if user choose No then close the dialog
      >and write "Request.ClientCertificate", otherwise close the dialog and
      >appear a new dialog whose two textbox.
      >
      >How can i do this
      >
      >best regard
      >Satria F

      Use curly braces instead of square brackets in your wizards. Square bracket wizards get interpreted before any other clip commands whereas curly brace ones are interpreted inline. You will also want to assign the wizard result to variables so you can later refer to them, e.g.,

      ^!Set %var%="^?{wizard}"
      if ^%var% ..etc.

    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 21, 2003
        At 06:18 PM 3/20/03 -0500, you wrote:
        >Two quick ones:
        >
        >anyone know the clip code to open the current document in another
        >instance of Notetab?
        >
        >is there an easy way to determine if View: Multiple Instances is checked
        >or unchecked from a clip? Toggling it is easy, but I haven't figured out
        >how to display which state is set.
        >
        >thanks,
        >
        >Jonathan

        Hi Jonathan,

        It isn't necessary to have multiple instances enabled to do that. Copy your ini to a new name (e.g., NT2.ini). You could set up 2 clips, one that would open the last saved version of the current doc and another that would open a temporary document matching the latest changes in the current document.

        H="Open saved ver of doc"
        ^!^$GetAppFileName$ "^**" /INI=NT2 /R
        ;end of clip

        H="Open copy of doc"
        ^!^$GetAppFileName$ "^**" /INI=NT2 /R
        ;end of clip

        The /R will make Notetab treat the document as Read-only. There is also a /B switch that disallows editing in all documents, but it also disables the Save As command.

        There are more options, see the main help file index "Command-line Parameters".

        The first time I used my 2nd ini I closed all open documents so they would not automatically reopen.

      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 21, 2003
          Oops, I had a typo, sorry ...

          >H="Open saved ver of doc"
          >^!^$GetAppFileName$ "^**" /INI=NT2 /R
          >;end of clip

          above should use "^##" not "^**"

        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 21, 2003
            satriaf wrote:

            >Hi list,
            >i am new to clip programming.
            >i have a snippet code like this.
            >
            >H="ClientCertificate() -> Variant"
            >;fill ParCer variable with one of this value : No or Yes
            >^!Set %ParCer%="^?[Add Parameter?==_No|Yes]"
            >;If user choose No and Click OK then close the dialog and jump to
            >LblNo
            >;but If user choose Yes and Click OK then close the dialog and
            >then ;jump to LblYes
            >^!If "^%ParCer%"="No" LblNo ELSE LblYes
            >:LblNo
            >;write the line below
            >Request.ClientCertificate
            >^&
            >:LblYes
            >;pops up a new dialog
            >^?[Key=] ^?[Value=]
            >^&
            >
            >the above code shows a listbox (Add Parameter?) and two textbox (Key
            >and Value) (these are vb terms, sorry i am a vb programmer). i want
            >only a listbox appear first. if user choose No then close the dialog
            >and write "Request.ClientCertificate", otherwise close the dialog and
            >appear a new dialog whose two textbox.
            >
            >How can i do this
            >
            >best regard
            >Satria F

            Hi Satria,

            I don't know your objective but the clip below branches to either LABEL
            and gives a second dialog depending on Yes/No choice.

            hrs

            H="ClientCertificate() -> Variant"
            ;fill ParCer variable with one of this value : No or Yes
            ^!Set %ParCer%=^?{Add Parameter?==_No^=LBLNO|Yes^=LBLYES}
            ;choose No and jump to LBLNO
            ;choose Yes and jump to LBLYES
            ^!Goto ^%ParCer%
            ;
            :LBLNO
            ;write the line below
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 21, 2003
              Hi satriaf,

              > sorry i am a vb programmer)

              You are forgiven. :-)

              When using {braces} as Sheri mentioned they are evaluated during
              the line by line parsing. You will get more than one popup
              depending on when they are used. That is desired at times and
              not at other times, but for reason of using ^%variables% and
              ^$Functions$ in the wizard it has to be used with braces, not
              brackets. You might use the contents later in the Clip though.
              So, you string out your brace wizards on one line when you have
              to use them, but only want one popup. Use a semi-colon for the
              delimiter. For instance:

              ^!Set %GBlock%=^$GetBlock$
              ^!Set %v1%=^?{Blah=^$GetSelection$}; %v2%=^?{Blah, blah=^$GetWord$}; %v3%=^?{Blah, blah, blah=^%GBlock%}

              While we're at it:

              text
              ^?[Enter name]
              text
              text
              ^?[Enter name]
              text

              Only one wizard will popup, but the name entered will be inserted in both
              places. "Enter name" being exactly the same is what NoteTab sees in this
              case that causes it to act that way.

              http://www.notetab.net

            • satriaf
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 21, 2003
                thanks all, it works now

                i just add command ^!Goto End after LBLNO label to the code like
                hsavage did.

                H="ClientCertificate() -> Variant"
                ;fill ParCer variable with one of this value : No or Yes
                ^!Set %ParCer%=^?{Add Parameter?==_No^=LBLNO|Yes^=LBLYES}
                ;choose No and jump to LBLNO
                ;choose Yes and jump to LBLYES
                ^!Goto ^%ParCer%
                ;