9942Re: [Clip] Is it possible to email from a text file with a clip ...

    Mar 1, 2003
      Hi Don,

      > Jody mentioned something the other day about focus switches
      > being tightened down. Is there a setting somewhere I need to
      > loosen up?

      When dealing with other programs (and in some cases in NoteTab)
      you need to know when a window gets focus before you pass keyboard
      shortcuts on to it or whatever you might be doing.

      You can use a testing statement while looping in those cases.

      ^!Delay 1
      ^!IfAppOpen Eudora* Next else Skip_-1

      Here is an example of using NetCaptor logging in using another method:

      ^!Url http://pro.netcaptor.com/pro/
      ^!Delay 2
      ^!IfSame "^$GetAppTitle$" "NetCaptor User Center - NetCaptor" Next else Skip_-1

      Sometimes, Titlebars want to be picky about being read it seems.
      Perhaps there are some hidden characters and yet another method
      can be used. Actually, the method is the same, just "tighter"

      ^!Url http://pro.netcaptor.com/pro/
      ^!Delay 2
      ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;14)$ "NetCaptor User" Next else Skip_-1

      In the case above you are restricting the text checked to
      eliminate any unseen characters if they are there; perhaps a
      space. I don't know if it can happen; I only know that I've had
      to do that in a dozen or so windows in the past. Likewise, you
      can use StrCopyRight or others to check.