9576Re: Proper use ?? of ^!TimerStart

  • Sheri <silvermoonwoman@comcast.net>
    Dec 15, 2002
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Alan C." <acumming@c...> wrote:
      > 1. Are there any acceptable limit(s) here?
      >
      > 2. Is or can a timer clip be a background thing of sorts whereby I
      also simultaneously also run other clips and do my normal work?

      Hi Alan,

      I confess I do not use Timer clips. However, as long as the timer
      clip isn't interfering with your normal work, I don't see why it
      wouldn't be ok to have it running. The few times I tried them I got
      distracting interference on the program's status line.

      The help file says though that a timer clip won't be executed if
      another clip is progress when the time comes. And the clipbook has to
      remain open.

      PowerPro has nice timers which I've used to run scripts. I have on
      occasion used Notetab clips to activate its timers and to send data
      to PowerPro.