8756Re: [Clip] Re: Is this possible? to distinguish words in file

  • Alan C.
    Jul 12, 2002
      Hi Steve, Don,

      >that's why I think I need to find "DEGREES" or "DEGREE" to latch onto
      >and work from there...

      enclosed clip does what you want. Uses

      NORTH

      SOUTH

      each of those for its begin of line criteria. And, uses

      FEET

      as its end of line criteria. Then near end of clip does allows to keep only those items containing

      DEGREES

      --

      No regex in this clip. Regex definitely could be applicable here. But this clip is fast on your sample.

      currently (but fixable) it does leave one ran together

      35MINUTES

      clip follows.

      H="test parse"
      ^!Set %WordWrap%=^$IsWordWrap$
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      ^!Replace "SOUTH" >> "^pSOUTH" IWSA
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      ^!Replace "NORTH" >> "^pNORTH" IWSA
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      ^!Replace "^%SPACE%^%SPACE%" >> "^%SPACE%" IWSA
      ^!SetWordWrap OFF
      ^!Jump DOC_START
      ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
      :TRIMRLOOP