7570Re: [Clip] Replacing characters in a variable

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Oct 3, 2001
      Ray Shapp wrote:
      > Harvey and Alan:
      > When I ask, "What does a "true" value for "wholeword" accomplish in string
      > functions?", it is because I don't follow the example Alan gave. Also, I'm
      > not asking about the various synonyms for Boolean "True" or "False".
      > Please make up a clearer example of the use of the "strreplace" function
      > which shows how the result differs when the value of "wholeword" is "1"
      > versus "0".
      > Thanks for your help,
      > Ray Shapp
      > Watchung, NJ
      Hi Ray,

      I can't answer the query, I don't know what is criteria used, in
      NoteTab, for determining between wholewords and strings within
      words. It surely is more complex than it sounds.

      Most of the searching I do is not for discrete words, but parts
      of other strings.

      I generally make it a practice to always make that setting False,
      0, no, regardless of what I'm searching for.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic