6753Re: [Clip] CSV to STK

  • RS
    Jul 1, 2001
      Hi Craig ,

      At 02:29 AM 7/2/01 -0000, you wrote:
      >I have a cabinet design software that outputs the following CSV file
      >for the parts needed to build the cabinet. This represent 7 of the
      >parts. There are actually many more.
      >"APS Fleet","APS FLEET","1-12","1","28","29","28","29","BACK","1/2

      >Is this something within the abilities of a NoteTab clip? Or should I
      >seek other software to do this? I spend several hours retyping data
      >from one software into another each week.

      Yes, it can be done with a clip.

      Depending on the size of the files, it could take a while to complete the
      task. But you can always have some coffee in the meantime ... :)

      If speed is of the essence, you might prefer a small compiled program in
      Delphi or C++.

      I, personally, would try NoteTab first. You might be surprised how
      efficient it can be.

      Best regards,

      Ramon Silvera

      ClipWriter 2.5 http://ptools.home.att.net/ClipWriter/cw.htm