5939Re: [Clip] Highlighting text for programs

  • Ray Shapp
    Mar 1, 2001
      Wheeler and Piotr

      I tried a while back to get perl to work (launch) from NT but I gave up.
      Yes, I can run the line numbering perl program in the samples library, but I
      have never been able to get any of MY perl programs to run. (To run perl, I
      FTP them to my ISP and invoke them from HTML pages.) Most of the perl
      scripts process input from the HTML Form function. Some to table look-ups
      and some do math. Most scripts build new HTML pages and present their
      output on the new pages. The perl interpreter on my local PC is ActivePerl
      from ActiveState Tool Corp.

      I got really discouraged about using NT to develop perl scripts when someone
      on this board told me I'd need a copy of Apache running on my computer to
      debug and
      run perl scripts.

      I'm probably making some simple systematic error. Would either or both of
      you post a few simple examples of perl scripts and post with them the
      instructions to launch them from NT, please?

      Thanks for your help,

      Ray Shapp
      Watchung, NJ
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic