5920Re: [Clip] How to run a batch file???

  • Alan C.
    Feb 28, 2001
      Hi Bruce,

      >^!Prompt DON'T FORGET TO RECORD BYTES DOWNLOADED! ! ! !
      >;Ask if want to proceed to record bytes
      >^!Continue DO YOU WANT TO RECORD BYTES ????? If you click OK the process will start!!

      I just duplicated your batch file and I tried
      ^!Shell "c:\windows\batch_down.bat"

      which worked fine. In doing so -> I, however, did not have/include nor did I utilize your shellwait and your other clipcode stuff preceding it. Instead, I disconected from internet then ran the one liner shell command.

      ****** So . . . ****

      If the next line

      ^!Shell "c:\windows\batch_down.bat"

      refuses to work in conjunction with your other clipcode and your batchfile -> Well then, the following which does not use a batch file but uses NoteTab instead, the following worked fine for me. (after all, NoteTab is a supremely most well superb excellent greatest texthandler textmanipulater texteditor powertextwhatever of all time is it not?)

      ^!ShellWait "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
      ;When Internet Explorer closes, show message
      ^!Prompt DON'T FORGET TO RECORD BYTES DOWNLOADED! ! ! !
      ;Ask if want to proceed to record bytes
      ^!Continue DO YOU WANT TO RECORD BYTES ????? If you click OK the process will start!!
      ;If answer CANCEL-then END. If OK then proceed.
      ;^!Delay 5
      ^!Open "c:\windows\ppplog.txt"
      ^!Jump 1
      ^!Find "Bytes Received"
      ^!Select LINE
      ^!AppendToFile "c:\windows\Records.txt" ^$GetSelection$
      ^!ToolBar Select All
      ^!Keyboard DELETE
      ^!Close "c:\windows\ppplog.txt" SAVE
      ;--<end of clipcode<<

      I found that ppplog.txt was appended ie each internet session adds on to it. So the above clipcode transfers/appends its bytes received line over to Records.txt then the clipcode wipes clean the ppplog.txt file and saves it. Records.txt is the file which accumulates each bytes received line from each internet session.

      Please take note of the commented ;^!Delay 5 line.

      ppplog.txt is not written to until the dial up connection is disconnected. So, depending upon how you achieve disconnection of your modem then (if needed) the delay would insure that the ppplog.txt had been written to before running the remainder of the clip. ^!Delay 10 or ^!Delay 15 etc.

      >....happy-tabbing......

      Absolutely. Thanks. Wish same to you too!

      Have fun. Alan.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic