5910Re: [Clip] Array Question

    Feb 27, 2001
      Hi Wayne and Andy,

      Thanks for the information Wayne!

      >Then I suggest using a Perl script to read the data line by
      >line as needed. NoteTab lacks a ^$GetFileNextLine$ function to
      >read the next line from a file without loading the whole file
      >into memory; nor is NoteTab fast enough to read such a large
      >file efficiently.

      Perl would be quicker and better on large files if one has Perl
      and they know the code, but NoteTab is faster on smaller files.
      There is not a single function to get a line from a closed file,
      but it is not impossible with NoteTab:

      H=Line by Line
      ; jody 02-27-2001
      ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
      ^!SetArray %Line%=^$GetFileText(^$GetAppPath$ReadMe.txt)$
      ^!Set %Index%=0
      ^!Set %Count%=^%Line0%
      ^!Inc %Index%
      ; long line
      ^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill(" ";66)$ http://www.notetab.net ^$StrFill(" ";66)$~
      ^!Info [L]Line ^%Index%: ^%Line^%Index%%^p^pCtrl+Alt and OK to abort
      ^!If ^%Index% > ^%Count% End else Skip_-3

      http://www.notetab.net

      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic