5901Re: [Clip] How to run a batch file???

  • Alan C.
    Feb 26, 2001
      Hi Bruce,

      >My intention was to write a clip to do:---
      >
      >open Internet Explorer & wait
      >When close Ask if want to record bytes (might have been working offline)
      >If no-->END, if yes-->activate batch file

      H="test"
      ^!Shell "c:\windows\desktop\test.bat"

      With

      dir c:

      as the contents of the file test.bat saved on my desktop

      the above clip worked, dos window came up with dir displayed.

      I'm using NoteTab Pro and I don't know if that makes any difference or not.

      Also if you have a shortcut (if I'm not mistaken) the ^!Shell (used just like above but on the shortcut instead) can invoke/launch the shortcut which launches the file that the shortcut points to.

      Regards. Alan.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic