5897How to run a batch file???

  • Bruce M
    Feb 26 7:43 PM
      HI!
      Been trying to get notetab (lite) to record bytes received while on the web. (after disconnect)
      My ISP charges for MEGS in excess of 250.
      I will give a rundown of what I have setup so far.

      Firstly,...the READS in the MODEMLOG are not as acurate as BYTES RECEIVED in PPPLOG.TXT.
      To turn on PPPLOG.TXT......Start/Settings/Control Panel/Network/Dial-Up
      Adapter/Properties/Advanced/Record a log file/Yes.

      I then created a batch file (BATCH_DOWN.BAT) & put it in the WINDOWS folder.

      @Echo Off
      find "Bytes Received" ppplog.txt > Records.txt

      (create file in WINDOWS called "Records.txt".)
      I then put a shotcut on the desktop to look at RECORDS.TXT.

      My intention was to write a clip to do:---

      open Internet Explorer & wait
      When close Ask if want to record bytes (might have been working offline)
      If no-->END, if yes-->activate batch file

      When I try to get Notetab to activate batch file ...it replies (basically) it can't do that.

      At the moment to work around the hickup, I added some lines to the clip to tell me to do it manually.
      To make it easier for now I also put a shortcut to the batch file on the desktop.
      ;First opens Internet Explorer and waits till it closes
      ^!ShellWait "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"
      ;When Internet Explorer closes, show message
      ^!Prompt DON'T FORGET TO RECORD BYTES DOWNLOADED! ! ! !
      ;Ask if want to proceed to record bytes
      ^!Continue DO YOU WANT TO RECORD BYTES ????? If you click OK the process will start!!
      ;If answer CANCEL-then END. If OK then proceed.
      ;Instruct to close NoteTab and click on DOS shortcut.
      ^!Prompt CLOSE NOTE-TAB AND THEN CLICK ON DOS SHORTCUT UP TOP OF SCREEN.