5615Re: [Clip] templates headers

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Feb 1, 2001
      Elizabeth Wild wrote:

      > I played around quite a bit with templates a couple of months ago. I did not figure out a a way to do what you are asking, but I did figure out a couple of things that
      > might help.
      >
      > 1) I could not manage to pass a variable from a clip to a template. However, if I could use ^!SaveValue in the clip, and ^$GetValue()$ in the template to do much
      > the same thing.
      >
      > 2) Using the above method for transferring variables, I would at some point in the clipcode of the template use ^!Save AS (and then use my variables to name this
      > document).
      >
      > I would give you an example, but alas I am at work and the code is at home. Let me know if you would like to see the code.
      >
      > Hope this helps.
      >
      > Elizabeth Wild
      > ewild@...

      Thanks Elizabeth,

      This method does sound promising. I'll give it an earnest try.

      Actually, what I am attempting I have already done using another
      method that works flawlessly but I started investigating the
      possibility of using a tpl file... You know "the rest of the
      story" I'm sure.

      hrs
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic