5183Re: [Clip] Question about ^!If statements

  • Alan
    Nov 29, 2000
      Hi Elizabeth,

      FWIW I just on my Win 98SE NTP 4.83

      H="testing"
      ^!Set %IRW%=^?[(H=22)choose==1|2]
      ^!Info ^%IRW%
      ^!If ^%IRW%<>1 Next ELSE Close
      test
      :Close
      close
      ;-----<end of clip<<

      I opened (also in focus) a new document then ran above clip:
      when I chose 2 it printed testclose into the document
      when I chose 1 it printed close into the document

      I see you changed order, put Charged Report clip later in the
      sequence. Could anything in the Charged Report clip (before you changed
      the order/sequence) have somehow altered/incremented contents of IRW
      variable? Probably you had already checked on that. No other ideas, maybe
      someone else will.

      Regards. Alan.

      >Elizabeth Wild wrote:
      >The following is a subroutine of one of my clips. I have added the line
      numbers for clarity. The variables are all set earlier in the clip. The
      first lines clear all of the
      >variables. Here is the problem. If %IRW%<>1 (line 9) everything runs
      the way it should. However, if %IRW%=1 (line 8) the clip runs that line,
      and then moves to line
      >9 (so far I am still okay), next it seems to go onto line 10 (this is
      when I encounter the problems). If line 8 determines that %IRW%=1, then
      line 9 should come back
      >false and the clip should finish. I have checked to make sure that there
      aren't extra characters on any of the lines. Any ideas?????

      >01 :Marvin
      >02 ^!If ^%CNO%=1 ^!Clip "Overdues"
      >03 ^!If ^%CNO%<>1 Quit
      >04 ^!If ^%CIN%=1 ^!Clip "CIN Report"
      >05 ^!If ^%CIN%<>1 ^!Prompt There are no inventory reports today
      ^$GetDate(mm/dd)$.
      >06 ^!If ^%CRP%=1 ^!Clip "Bill for Cost"
      >07 ^!If ^%CRP%<>1 Quit
      >08 ^!If ^%IRW%=1 ^!Clip "Charged Report"
      >09 ^!If ^%IRW%<>1 Next ELSE Close
      >10 ^!Clip "Yesterday"
      >11 ^!Prompt There are no ILL reports for ^%Month%/^%Day%.

      >12 ^!GoTo Close

      >13 :Quit
      >14 ^!Prompt There seems to be a problem finding the reports. Please
      check the network connections and try again.

      >15 :Close
      >16 ^!Skip Would you like to close NoteTab?
      >17 ^!GoTo End
      >18 ^!ToolBar Exit

      >Okay after I started the e-mail I dinked around with the clip a bit
      more. The following works the way that I want/expect the first bit to
      work. I am VERY confused.
      >On the plus side though, I now have a working clip so it's just for
      curiosities sake that I am interested now.

      >01 :Marvin
      >02 ^!If ^%CNO%=1 ^!Clip "Overdues"
      >03 ^!If ^%CNO%<>1 Quit
      >04 ^!If ^%CIN%=1 ^!Clip "CIN Report"
      >05 ^!If ^%CIN%<>1 ^!Prompt There are no inventory reports today
      ^$GetDate(mm/dd)$.
      >06 ^!If ^%CRP%=1 ^!Clip "Bill for Cost"
      >07 ^!If ^%CRP%<>1 Quit
      >08 ^!If ^%IRW%<>1 Next ELSE Skip
      >09 ^!Clip "Yesterday" ^!Prompt There are no ILL reports for ^%Month%/^%Day%.
      >10 ^!If ^%IRW%=1 ^!Clip "Charged Report"

      >11 ^!GoTo Close

      >12 :Quit
      >13 ^!Prompt There seems to be a problem finding the reports. Please
      check the network connections and try again.

      >14 :Close
      >15 ^!Skip Would you like to close NoteTab?
      >16 ^!GoTo End
      >17 ^!ToolBar Exit

      >Elizabeth Wild
      >ewild@...