4824Re: [Clip] need clip to insert *^

  • Larry Thomas
    Oct 8, 2000
      Hi Pat,

      At 07:43 PM 10/08/2000 -0700, you wrote:
      >How do we use a clip to insert this graphic border?
      >
      >*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

      Why do you want a border like that anyway? You just want to be cute and
      show us something we can't do because ^* returns the file name when you
      call the clip. I used the clip below because the ^!Keyboard command will
      send keystrokes to the document in focus if you place spaces between the
      characters. If you put the characters inside # pairs then it fails.

      ^!Keyboard #^$StrFill("*^";^?[How many times?=])$#

      Fails but:

      ^!Keyboard ^$StrFill(" * ^";^?[How many times?=])$

      Works.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...