4792Re: [Clip] Re: Clip to Generate File Listings?

  • Larry Thomas
    Sep 29, 2000
      Hi Sheri,

      As you have already written your clip to do this job for you now, I am not
      going any further with this beyond this post. I just wanted to show that
      there is a way to get the accented characters from a DOS output using my
      last clip. I found two additional commands in NoteTab that take care of
      the problem.

      ^!ShellWait runs my batch file and holds up execution of the clip until it
      is finished so that the DirInfo.txt file is not loaded until the batch file
      finishes. Even so, I had to place a one second delay in the clip after it
      or the clip will not find the file.

      ^!OpenAscii opens a file as an ascii file and preserves the accented
      characters as you wanted. NoteTab normally opens a file as ansi which was
      causing the accented characters to be displayed incorrectly.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="BaseDir2"
      ;Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
      ;09/29/2000, 06:53:53 PM
      ^!DeleteFile "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\DirInfo.txt"
      ;
      ^!Set %Dirname%=^?{(H=10)Select Folder to browse from:==_C:\|C:\PROGRAM
      FILES\NoteTab Pro|C:\My Documents}
      ;
      ^!Set %Dirname%=^?{(T=D)Full dir path, end in backslash==^%Dirname%}*.*
      ;
      ^!Set %Reverse%=^?{(H=10)Set
      Direction==_Ascending^=|Decending^=-};%Sort%=^?{(H=10)Set Sort
      Options==_Name^=n|Date^=d|Size^=s|Extension^=e}
      ;
      ;
      ^!TextToFile "Folder.bat" dir /a-d/o^%Reverse%^%Sort%/b/s "^%Dirname%" >
      DirInfo.txt
      ;
      ^!CmdShow Minimize
      ^!ShellWait Folder.bat