4734Re: [Clip] Re: Clip to Generate File Listings?

    Sep 21, 2000
      Hi Stephen

      >Good morning, everyone.

      ..and also to you, well, good afternoon. ;)

      >I've taken that clip, edited it to where I get a nice file list
      >which may easily be turned into links to documents or files.

      Yes, there are a number of things that can be done. I always try
      to encourage people to get my DirStuff, because it uses a number
      of methods to do quite a bit of different things mainly dealing
      with directories. My point it, generally speaking, one can take
      some of the Clips and just by changing one or two lines can make
      the Clip do that they want. I do that a lot and is how I did the
      one for Sheri. The nice thing about DirStuff is that it has a
      Setup to put in a default path for a browse and 9-10 paths to
      choose from (one gets a choice to browse for a directory or use
      the pulldown list). When you copy the whole Clip you just make a
      new one and change a line or whatever, and viola, you already
      have your default paths . (Setup can be run at anytime to change
      the default paths. http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/dirstuff.zip

      >I've scoured HELP for a directory version of ^$GetFileNext()$ and
      >can't find it. There is a way to do just about anything with
      >ClipCode, and the fact I can't figure out how to get a list of
      >subdirectories caused me to lose sleep last night.

      Unfortunately, ^$GetFileFirst/Next will not go to the next
      directory in line. Those should only be used when ^$GetFiles
      won't work for the specific task you are doing for two reasons:
      speed and resources!

      Ideally, what we really need, and it sure enough would be nice
      for v4.83 of the Tab would be:

      ^$GetFiles(FilePath;FileSpecs[;Attr][;SortingOrder][;Subdirectories])$

      Example:

      ^$GetFiles("c:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Documents";*.txt;AR;DATE;True)$

      I just put in my outbox the wish to the ntb-NextRelease list. ;)

      I realize we can do it with DOS, but... ;)

      Here is the answer to above taken from Wayne's Cross Reference
      (which is NoteTab's Help file in Outline form with hyperlinks
      crossed ref'd. http://landru.myhome.net/wayne/ntr460.zip

      ^$GetFileNext$

      Returns the next file name in the list. If there are no more files,
      then the result is an empty string.

      ---

      As you might imagine once there are no more files in the folder
      looped through them all) an empty string is returned, but it does
      not go onto the next folder.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...