4588Re: [Clip] trying to remove some spaces at the end of a line

  • Don Passenger
    Sep 5, 2000
      Thank you to each one of you for the help.

      What a helpful group! No wonder Note Tab is the #one user preferred program
      in its class!

      I learned a lot from reading through the suggestions. Finding this bit:
      ^$StrTrim("^$GetSelection$")$
      made the whole exercise worthwhile, without anything more! Some of my
      actual data in fact had leading spaces too, the more I looked at it, so that
      took care of it before I even realized I had the problem.

      I took some version of the suggestions and I processed all 373 records I had
      (actually 26 lines per record...though my example just had 4...by the 373
      records) and got the correct format for output which I successfully imported
      into Access and now have a new database. Awesome.

      I use kclip for my help on these things. In one respect the information
      mislead me there. I see I should have been using jump +1 to drop a line. I
      read the help in kclip and it said: "Moves cursor to the indicated
      position."
      I took that to mean position (ie row and column), not line, so I tried to
      move the cursor a different way. My way choked on blank lines. This is
      better. When help is redone, the word position should be replaced with the
      word line, in my humble opinion.

      One other thing about kclip I found annoying, is when searching for a term
      (using the locate function) it will search in a big loop starting over at
      the beginning without announcing it is back to the start. Is there any way
      to adjust that so it will stop at the bottom and ask before restarting? It
      is a very nice interface otherwise.
      It did take a while to process as I used one of the earlier suggestions, so
      next time I will definately work on the more efficient models to get them
      functional. All of the scrolling text looked like a bad programmers dream.
      lol

      ---
      Don Passenger