4559Re: [Clip] Clip bar library versus the current library

    Sep 2, 2000
      Hi Eb,

      >> Yes, or just make ^$GetLibraryName$ do that. If you are the
      >> one running the Clip you ought to know what Library it is in
      >> already.
      >
      >But that was precisely the problem -- I didn't know which library
      >was going to be default when the clipbar clip was being run. I
      >needed to get the default library name, not clipbar.clb.

      I meant, you know which Library the Clipbar Clip is in or any
      Clip that you are running, so ^$GetLibraryName$ does not need to
      return the Library name of that Clip. Instead, it could return
      the name of the Library that is loaded in the Clipbook. If you
      use the ^!Clip or ^!FarClip command, you still know what clip is
      being run.

      I cannot think of any case where you would not know unless you
      purposely made some type of random picker to run a Clip from a
      list of Clip names. I use the time though to get a primitive
      random generator though in my SureWord Library activate a popup.
      I made it way back in v4.0 so I am sure by know I could use a
      better method, but why fix something that works, eh? :)

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips