      From: Wayne VanWeerthuizen [mailto:wayne@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2000 2:41 PM
      To: ntb-clips@egroups.com
      Subject: [Clip] Re: Interesting Database Question

      Jody <KJB1611@...> wrote:
      >Hi Clint,
      >
      > > Does anyone know if a clip can be written to query a database
      > > and return the tables and the be able to read the column's out
      > > of a specified table?
      >
      >You might try my NoteBlock on my Libraries page. When you say
      >"table" I don't know if you mean like an HTML table, but I have

      No. Clint was clearly asking about databases. A table
      (a 2 dimensional array of data) is a fundamental concept
      in relational databases.

      The answer depends on the database software in question.
      NoteTab does not have anyway of directly interfacing with
      databases; so I believe the database would have to allow
      queries to be given from the command line (e.g. DOS prompt).

      If I knew what database Clint was using (MS Access maybe?)
      someone could possibly write a command line utility for it,
      if it doesn't have one already. I really need to learn
      more about Access. ;-) I am used to using SQL databases
      from the Linux command line, but have never used Access.

      --
      Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen

      Registering a domain name is quick and easy.
      http://click.egroups.com/1/1611/3/_/2798/_/951943321/

      -- Create a poll/survey for your group!
      -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=ntb-clips&m=1
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic