24488Re: [Clip] Strange Temp Folder Path

    Jun 6, 2014
      "nullclip@... [ntb-clips]" wrote:
      > C:\Users\DAVIDH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ which is not correct.
      > C:\Users\David Hayes\AppData\Local\Temp\ which is reported

      It is correct, or at least it was with older OS versions. The long file
      names are a cludge piled on top the traditional 8.3 ones and internally
      Windows often uses the short representation. Sometimes the two get out of
      sync and trouble ensues.

      You could try ^$GetLong(^$GetTmpPath$)$.

      I see your OS version already does things to ameliorate the problem in e.g.
      using "AppData" where before it might have been "Application Data", thus
      avoiding the long name problem.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic