24487Strange Temp Folder Path

  • nullclip
    Jun 5, 2014
      I used the ^$GetTmpPath$ command in a clip on a laptop computer with Windows 7 64b. It reported the temp path as C:\Users\DAVIDH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ which is not correct.

      The correct temp path is C:\Users\David Hayes\AppData\Local\Temp\ which is reported by both Windows Explorer and when I right-click on an open document saved in the temp folder and select Copy Name.

      The incorrect temp path obtained in a clip with the ^$GetTmpPath$ command and only on my laptop is new behavior just recently observed after years and many runs of that stable and unedited clip. Now the clip fails to execute correctly because of the incorrect temp path.

      Furthermore, my Windows 7 64b desktop continues to execute that clip flawlessly as it has always.

      I am baffled as to why the command seems to now report a DOS short folder name, and only on my one laptop PC.

      Thanks for any ideas.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic