24374Newbie help with clips... THANKS IN ADVANCE

  • mygroups77054
    Mar 6, 2014
      1. Say I have several lines like this:

      March 6, 2014, 9:49 PM
      March 6, 2014, 7:49 AM
      March 6, 2014, 8:49 PM

      2. I want a search and replace command only to work on the "PM" lines. How would I do that? Say the command is to remove the commas.

      3. I want to put each element (for example the first one) in individual variables:

      month = variable "mo"
      day = variable "da"
      year = variable "yr"
      hour = variable "hr"
      minute = variable "mn"

      Note that REGEX is acceptable. I'm just not familiar enough with it.

      4. Finally, how would I loop through the active document, place each line into a variable, then after I do something with it, place it back into the same location.

      Thanks in advance.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic