24352Re: [Clip] Advice to add 'Tabs' to data.

  • Don
    Feb 14, 2014
      Atomic groups are something still a little past my grasp, though I use
      them when I experience slow downs. I don't always understand why or when.
      \K ... I'm working on it.
      Lookaheads and so forth I have down pretty well now.

      On 2/14/2014 3:54 PM, flo.gehrke@... wrote:
      > For me, the clip needs almost a minute to find out that there is no match. That is, that there is no line that ends with 'aa' or 'bb'. However, the problem is not in NT or the clip code but in the RegEx. The trick is to suppress the backtracking because, actually, it isn't needed here. With an Atomic Group...
      >
      > ^!Find "(?>[01]+).*(aa|bb)" WR
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic