24182RE: Help with clip code please

  • ritesaid_10
    Nov 17, 2013

      Firstly I apologise for referring to you as Alex.

      So are you saying that if attempting to open a corrupt file, NoteTab's core error handling will kick in and deal with it, so there is no need to expend any effort in writing your own error handler?

      I am relatively new to clip programming so I apologise in advance for sounding ignorant. :)

      Fred

      ---In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, <Axel-Berger@...> wrote:

      fredmorris66@... wrote:
      > I don't see any problem with this approach.

      Neither do I, except for the extra work, which I personally would rather
      not perform. Error handling is very important if an undetected error may
      make the clip run on in the wrong way and destroy work. Where it fails
      in an obvious way, that fact may suffice. Your way is better, but it's
      more effort too.