24168Help with wizards

  • John Shotsky
    Nov 16, 2013

      I have a question about Wizards and how to change the defaulted checkmarks.

      I have a command that merges html files into a single file. To do this, it looks in a user-specified folder, then makes a list of all the html files, defaults them all, and tells the user to uncheck any that are not to be included. Normally, one would process them all, so that is the right way to set it up. But let's say there are 100 files and you only want to process three of them (as I often do when I'm testing). So, the way the wizards appear to work, one would have to uncheck 97 checkmarks before continuing. Obviously that is a very big pain. What I would like is a way to clear them all, then let the user check only the ones they want to process. There doesn't seem to be a way to clear all the checkmarks at one time.

      The only thing I can think of that might work is to add another checkbox that, if checked, would reproduce the wizard results with nothing checked. The top checkbox might be:

      X Uncheck All

      So, if that were checked, the wizard would rerun only this time none would be checked. I'd LIKE a button on the bottom of the wizard named 'Uncheck all', or 'Toggle Checkmarks' or something like that.

      Any ideas for a better way to do this?