24145Re: [Clip] Link Checker

  • Don
    Nov 4, 2013
      On 11/4/2013 9:46 AM, McGarey, John wrote:
      > I've had great success with: http://www.httrack.com
      >
      > There is a function to test links.
      > You MAY have to host the file first (I think localhost works OK, so you
      > could use XAMPP, etc.)
      >
      > Best regards.
      >
      > - John

      Interesting John,

      I like WinHTTrack a lot but never realized it had link checking in it.
      From help:
      Test validity of all links
      This option forces the engine to test all links in spidered pages, i.e.
      to check if every link is valid or not by performing a request to the
      server. If an error occured, it is reported to the error log-file.
      Useful to test all external links in a website

      I use it most often to mirror a site or to pull content to extract data.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic