24048NoteTab Initialization

  • John Shotsky
    Sep 23, 2013

      I would like a command to run any time NoteTab is opened, without having to add it to the command line to start NoteTab. In other words, if NoteTab is started, and my clip library is the active library at the time, I would like some initialization lines to run. I can't seem to find anything that will do that, since just starting NoteTab is not a 'recognized event'. One must open a library in order to get 'OnOpen' to run, and users aren't likely to actually open the library.

      The purpose of this initialization is to ensure they are using the right .ini file, and that permanent variables are set up, and old ones are removed. Then, when they run the system, it will look for various files in the locations set by these variables, and let the user know if/when they are missing any files needed by NoteTab to do what they want. I have an OnOpen command AND an Initialize command, but I do not see a way to ensure that the OnOpen command runs any time NoteTab is started, and my clip library is the active one.