24009Re: [Clip] How to fix non-Ascii characters using NoteTab

  • Alex Plantema
    Sep 1, 2013
      Op zondag 1 september 2013 02:22 schreef Axel Berger:

      > I shall try to use the load as raw UTF more in the future. Shame one
      > can't make that setting the default.

      You might try this:
      Search for:
      notetab.exe" "%1"
      (with the quotes included) in the registry.
      Where they are located depends on how you made Notetab the default, and for which types of files.
      E.g. on one of my computers I found them in

      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\NoteTab.exe\shell\open\command
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\csv_auto_file\shell\open\command
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Applications\NoteTab.exe\shell\open\command
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\csv_auto_file\shell\open\command

      and on another computer in

      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\NoteTab.exe\shell\edit\command
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\NoteTab.exe\shell\open\command
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ntlfile\shell\edit\command
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ntlfile\shell\open\command

      You will find duplicates of the ones in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes
      and of the ones in HKEY_CURRENT_USER in HKEY_USERS but you don't need to change these.

      Where applicable change the strings to
      notetab.exe" /RawUTF8 "%1"
      The strings in HKEY_CURRENT_USER probably take precedence, if present.
      Changing the strings in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT will affect Notetab for all users on the computer.

      You will find duplicates of the ones in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes
      and of the ones in HKEY_CURRENT_USER in HKEY_USERS but you don't need to change these.

      It won't probably affect how a file is opened if you drag it to the Notetab window or if you open a file using the menu.

      Alex.
    • Show all 33 messages in this topic