23894Re: alphanumeric character transcoding, by ones and pairs

  • rickah
    Jun 21, 2013
      Yes, you are again correct. I did make those changes but failed to note them all here. This is my LIST.TXT as it stands now.

      --
      LIST.TXT
      a»g
      A»h
      b»b
      B»R
      c»C
      D»f
      d»'
      E»H
      e»J
      F».
      f»m
      g»i
      G»A
      h»[
      H»o
      I»>
      i»X
      j»*
      J»S
      K»c
      k»u
      L»s
      l»v
      m»r
      n»e
      o»D
      O»d
      p»y
      P»z
      q»n
      r»&
      S»p
      s»q
      t»w
      T»x
      u»k
      U»K
      v»l
      w»0
      W»G
      X»{
      x»t
      y»,
      Y»F
      z»&S
      ,»<
      »A
      :»;
      …»µ
      .»$
      \\»-

      --end--

      KSTD keyboard character "G" and KNU character "A" are non-printing 'gaps' merely for visual effect but are not part of the written language. In this list, a KSTD space (" ") is changed to KNU "A " to both show a visible gap and add a word delimiting space.

      Common "Western" punctuation marks will eventually come in handy for newer publications, but these are not found in traditional S'gaw.

      Cheers,
      Richard.

      > If those sample lines on Richard's webpage show a correct transcoding then there are two differences in Ian's result: His clip replaces 'A >> H' instead of 'h', and 'E >> h' instead of 'H'. It seems to work the other way round as I mentioned in message #23887.
      >
      > There's also an issue with 'n'. In the table on Richard's webpage, 'n' is replaced with 'e'. This accords with his sample lines where, at position #52, 'n' is replaced with 'e'. At #26, however, 'n' is replaced with 'E'. Why this?
      >
      > In other words: If 'n' has to be replaced with 'e' where does an 'E' come from? As a replace character, 'E' doesn't occur either in Richard's 54 replacements (see message #23877) or in the table on his webpage.
      >
      > So, if I'm not mistaken, some fine-tuning is needed here.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Flo

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic