23886Re: alphanumeric character transcoding, by ones and pairs

  • rickah
    Jun 18, 2013
      Flo and Ian,
      To display what function this all serves, I created a simple webpage. The two fonts must be installed to view it properly.
      web page: https://sites.google.com/site/my37s8ks8a/Latin-Sgaw
      fonts zip: https://sites.google.com/site/my37s8ks8a/2KarenFonts.zip

      I found a character error in my original sample line. There is one addtional 'A' in this line. I hope this didn't cause much trouble:
      1: lABTAkvFHWAkolaKELdAFqalanWElacO:laKv:sE:muIsE:sFlanolapLUB

      =====

      > In array %Char%, you see a sequence where each character is followed by the character it has to be replaced with. Note: In the array, a string like 'd' must follow 'dD'.
      >
      > The point is not to replace a 'h' that replaced an 'E' again with '['. To prevent this, each character that has been replaced already is protected with '|'. So '|h' won't get replaced with [' again. This is achieved by the Negative Lookbehind '(?<!\|)'.
      >
      > Probably, there are more issues in this but I hope it might be useful as a first approach...
      >
      > Regards,
      > Flo

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic