23851Convert strong with first and last name into two strings

  • Stephen
    Jun 3, 2013
      Thanks for the help on my question about variables. I've improved my clip, and am now inspire to make it even better.

      I now want to do something I suspect is common.

      I want to accept input of a name, e.g. John Altavilla and convert it into two variable Last and first.

      I think I want to use

      to search for the space, set the position equal to some variable, then use

      to pull out the first name, and again to pull the last name.

      However, I don't see exactly how to do it, and as it is such a common situation, I'm wondering if there is a simpler way to do it, or if someone already has standard code to do it.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic