23851Convert strong with first and last name into two strings

  • Stephen
    Jun 3, 2013
      Thanks for the help on my question about variables. I've improved my clip, and am now inspire to make it even better.

      I now want to do something I suspect is common.

      I want to accept input of a name, e.g. John Altavilla and convert it into two variable Last and first.

      I think I want to use

      ^$StrPos("SubStr";"Str";CaseSensitive)$

      to search for the space, set the position equal to some variable, then use

      ^$StrCopy("Str";Index;Amount)$

      to pull out the first name, and again to pull the last name.

      However, I don't see exactly how to do it, and as it is such a common situation, I'm wondering if there is a simpler way to do it, or if someone already has standard code to do it.

      Phil
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic