23765Wizards and RegEx with pipe sign

  • Jean-Fran├žois Colas
    Apr 24, 2013
      Hello List,

      I have a clip which extracts all the words from a given file against a
      regexp pattern. The pattern is obtained by way of a wizard, whose
      default value is the clipboard contents. This value is then used in a
      ^!GetDocmatchAll instruction. As I want to be able to fine-tune the query, I
      then put the value entered through the wizard back into the clipboard.
      But... If my regexp contains a pipe sign (|), I cant't get the entire
      expression back at the next clip execution, I just have one part of it.
      It seems actually that in the wizard, I can choose among the different
      parts of the regex presented in a list...

      If this is due to the meaning of the | sign in the wizards, is there any
      way to bypass the special meaning of that sign?

      Thanks,
      J.-F.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic