23756Re: [Clip] Dot matches newline ON or OFF (was Re: Non printing characters.)

    Apr 20 6:36 AM
      hitch@... wrote:
      > And I cannot simply regex *all* the spans, because some goodly
      > number of the spans--at least half--are legit, and shouldn't be
      > removed or altered.

      Are those the same? What I tend to do in cases like that is to first
      mask the things I want to keep, by e.g. renaming to <xspan, alter
      everything else, and rename my kept ones back.

      > Believe me, if the spans weren't different each and every time,
      > OF COURSE I would create a clip that I could deploy with a click.

      I do believe you. But as stated I have replayed what you described as
      exactly as I could and for me it worked flawlessly. Until I can
      reproduce your problem I can't begin to think of a workaround. As John
      said, give us a) a sample text, b) a find string, and c) a replace
      string that don't work and thus reproduce your problem and we can begin
      to concoct a solution.

      Until that time all I can say is, it works as it should, I don't see
      what your problem is. That is not doubting you that there is one, it's
      just being incapable of reproducing it.