23744[Clip] Dot matches newline ON or OFF (was Re: Non printing characters.)

  • kahitch
    Apr 19, 2013
      Hi,Axel:

      Once upon a time, this clip, modified as needed inside the opening search spans with the named whatevers:

      Now...usually, when my regex is wonky, I assume it's me, because, to borrow from the idiot Ricin guy, I ain't no "Mensa Expert" about Regex. I even have Regex Buddy (with which I struggle), mostly due to the UI, more than the logic. But this clip has worked for years, sans any alteration. I just...I just don't get why suddenly, it's stopped working, first on one front, now on the other. I'm...boggled.

      I haven't used Regex extensively since installing 7.01. Did I miss something along the way? Some change that would account for this?

      Thx.
      Hitch

      > hitch@... wrote:
      > > this clip