23717Re: Get Selection and Regex

  • Eb
    Mar 23, 2013
      Hi Axel,
      Your expression inside the square brackets comes across as containing a special character, which requires escaping -- this may be because of the two-way transmission via the net, or not.

      Anyway, you can test this on your own machine by typing the pattern (for example ["'`"]) into a document, setting the menu find to regexp, exit find, selecting the pattern, and invoking the menu find again.

      The pattern will be imported into the find window, and have all special characters escaped (telling you if your pattern might have a worm in it).

      Cheers,

      Eb