23713Bookmark getting lost

  • flo.gehrke
    Mar 19 5:10 AM
      Is this a known bookmark issue (NTP only)?

      Take a list like...

      Anthony
      Bertha
      Carla
      Anthony
      Anthony
      Donald

      Now tests the following clip against that list:

      ^!Jump Doc_Start
      ^!SetBookmark 1
      ^!Replace "^PAnthony" >> "" AS

      The clip will jump to line #1, enter a bookmark, and delete line #4 and #5.

      Though line #1 isn't affected by '^!Replace' (note the '^P' token in the search string) the bookmark in line #1 gets lost. Why this?

      Somehow this seems to be connected with the 'A' option in the replacement. Without 'A', only line #4 will be deleted, and the bookmark in line #1 will be still there.

      You can reproduce that issue also with 'Search | Replace' and a manually set bookmark.

      Flo

      P.S. Please note: I'm not looking for any alternative solution for that replacing. My question is concerning this specific bookmark issue only!
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic