23614RE: [Clip] Re: ow to work eith date?

  • John Shotsky
    Jan 24, 2013
      Now, that is really helpful. How about some before and after, actual data to give some idea of what you are trying to
      accomplish? If you want help, you should at least be able to explain what you want help for. How many users of NoteTab
      would you expect to be familiar with the Unix date mechanism and understand your request at the same time? Your example
      data from the first question doesn't even have the same digit count � which is why no one understands it.

      For mathematical functions on calendars, it is common to convert to and from the Julian calendar, which is based on an
      overall count of days from a given start point, not man's choice of years/months/days, etc. In that case, you would be
      looking for conversion routines from Gregorian calendar to Julian calendar, perform some math, and then convert back.

      Julian
      A type of calendar numbering system that does not use months or years as the foundation for advancement. Each day since
      the beginning of time is assigned a number and increments by one each day thereafter. In most computerized accounting
      systems, a current date is converted to Julian to track the number of days between dates. It is used in the calculations
      of late charges, and similar circumstances. You can use our Julian calculator if you would like to try that. Click here
      to see our menu of Calculators, Converters and Tables.
      http://www.csgnetwork.com/juliandaydate.html