23513Re: [Clip] Re: Clip to execute file at cursor

    Dec 12, 2012
      david335577 wrote:
      > because it fails to open a file like this one, where the cursor
      > is between the quotes:
      > "C:\arjuna ardagh.mp3"

      If there always are quotes, try this:

      ^!If ^$GetSelSize$>3 auswahl
      ^!Menu Search/"Match Brackets"
      :auswahl
      ^!shell ^$GetSelection$

      Please include the quotes when selecting manually, I deleted them in the
      last line as double double quotes (""C:\arjuna ardagh.mp3"") would not
      yield the desired result.

      N.B: John, when you say "Just use double quotes around the whole
      path/file names" that's just what I meant by saying "exceptions and
      certain workarounds". It will mostly work but you can't rely on it for
      every batch file. Mine often do a lot of things and I might put extra
      effort into catering for spaces, but prefer not to have to.